When selecting a lawyer, board certification can be an important consideration. Fewer than 1% of Texas attorneys have achieved board certification in a specialized area of law.
Attorneys who are currently licensed to practice in Texas will be listed on the State Bar of Texas directory. If an attorney has been sanctioned in the past 10 years, their profile will display disciplinary information.
The Texas State Bar offers some guidance for those who can’t afford an attorney or have questions about legal services.
- State Bar of Texas Legal Aid information
- Free information for low-income Texans with legal questions
- State Bar of Texas information for Texas Veterans
- Texas Fifth Court of Appeals
- Dallas County Online Records Search
- Smart Search - Dallas County, Texas Courts Portal
- County and District Courts – Dallas County
- Dallas County District Clerk & Family Records Desk
- Courts of Dallas County, Texas
- The George L. Allen, Sr. Courts Building and New Tower
- Collin County Courts – County Courts
- Collin County Courts – District Courts
- Collin County Online Records Search
- Northern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit